Software Developer Control Station (m/f/d)
Full-time position – Starting date: asap – Location: Weiterstadt/Germany
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Developer who supports the Flight Operations Department with the further development of our Control Station.
What You’ll Do:
- Cooperate in the formation and structuring of a software development team
- Develop a multifunctional flight planning and flight control software with user interface
- Develop a backend fleet management software
- Work closely with the system engineering team and the software development teams (e.g. flightcontrol software), as well with the user experience design team
- Perform hardware-in-the-loop tests and support the flight test department
- Assume responsibility for the documentation and verification of the software development for the authorization by the aviation authority
- Support the customer and companies’ own flight operations departments
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in the development of an UAS ground control software on MavLink basis, e.g. QGroundControl is a plus
- Profound programming skills in C/C++ and at least basic knowledge in script languages
- Experience in handling of standard tools for software development (GIT,CI, etc.)
- Experience in model flying or manned flying is a plus
What you’ll bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
- An extraordinary working environment