Avionic Hardware Engineer (m/f/d)
Full-time position – Starting date: asap – Location: Darmstadt/Germany
Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Avionic Hardware Engineer who takes responsibility for developing and designing avionic hardware components.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and design avionic hardware components for our unmanned aircrafts
- Build and test circuit boards, circuits, connections etc.
- Define design and requirements for the hardware interfaces to other systems (onboard power supply, avionics, flight control, Communication-Modules etc.)
- Coordinate Certification and Verification activities internally, with suppliers and with aviation authorities
- Work with SW developers on integration and testing activities
What You’ll Need:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics or similar
- Knowledge of aviation standards, e.g.of RTCA DO 254
- 2+ years of working experience in developing low power and embedded avionics HW
- Experience in HW development and certification, e.g. according to DO-254 and testing according to DO-160
- Profound knowledge in CAD/EDA tools including library management
- Battery or BMS experience a plus but not necessary
What you’ll bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
- An extraordinary working environment (we have our own swimming pool!)